Why CollarTags™ are THE Best Pet ID Method on Planet Earth
If your pet becomes separated from you – so long as it has a CollarTag™ on its collar – you will be able to rest assured its finder will be able to contact you – and that is what pet id tags are all about.
Why CollarTags™ should make all traditional hanging tags obsolete.
CollarTags™ are guaranteed to last the life of the pet they are purchased for:
- The text will remain legible for the life of your pet: UNCONDITIONALLY GUARANTEED
- They do not require a ring or hook (which will wear out in time)
- They avoid all friction and thus your contact information will not wear off the tag.
- They make no noise (noise is friction). CollarTags™ are silent tags.
- They will not discolor your pet’s coat (stainless steel does not stain).
- They do not get caught on things, a safety feature*.
- AND: CollarTags™ look very classy on a pet’s collar! I get lots of compliments on the “sleek appearance.”
All Traditional Hanging Tags are Subject to Friction and thus Doomed to Fail in Time.
- The “weak link” of traditional hanging pet id tags is, in a word: “FRICTION”
- The ring or hook used to attach the tag to your pet’s collar will wear out
- The rubbing action of the tag against other tags will erase the tag text
- The hole in traditional hanging tags will wear through in time and the tag will be lost
With CollarTags™ all friction is eliminated.
All things subject to friction, from the soles of your shoes to the pistons in your car’s engine, will wear out in time. And all traditional hanging tags are subject to friction. As your pet goes through its day its tag swings on the ring or hook, the tag rubs against other tags and collar hardware, eventually, this friction will erase the tag text, wear out the ring or hook, or wear through the hole in the tag. If any of these scenarios play out before you replace the tag, and your beloved pet goes missing—its finder will not be able to contact you.
We have a CollarTag™ style for almost all types of collars.
We have designs that work on martingale collars / adjustable length collars (these generally close with a snap), rolled leather collars, double-thick nylon collars, Invisible Fence collars… whatever type of collar your pet wears we almost certainly have a CollarTag™ style that will work on it. When choosing a CollarTag™ for your existing collar it is important to exercise care in determining the style and size required for the collar your pet wears. We have attempted to be very clear on this site regarding which style CollarTag to order for a given collar, the size CollarTag you need is entirely dependent on the width of the collar any given pet wears. If you are uncertain regarding size or style email me and I will do my best to help you, “make the right call.”
We also offer what we refer to as a “Combo” (a collar with CollarTag). Looking at these might help you to better understand which CollarTag will work with the collar you already have. Further, we do cover some CollarTag questions on our FAQ Page, please check there for answers to your questions prior to inquiring.
We have CollarTags™ sizes that work on these collar widths:
- 3/8 inch wide
- 1/2 inch wide
- 5/8 inch wide
- 3/4 inch wide
- 1.0 inch wide
CollarTag™ size caveats:
- 1/2 wide collars are a non-standard size. While we do not have a CollarTag™ designed for this width the mini adjustable can be installed on 1/2 wide nylon webbing, the mini slide-on will not slide on as the opening is too narrow, thus you must order the mini adjustable for any 1/2 wide nylon collar.
- There are no CollarTags™ designed for any collar wider than 1 inch. For any collar wider than an inch there are two options. 1) Order a rivet-on tag (offered at the bottom of the order page) or 2) Order the large slide-on CollarTag™, put this tag on 1-inch wide webbing and then rivet or sew this onto your wider collar.
We guarantee our CollarTags™ to last the life of the pet they are purchased for, and they do. If the text ever wears off or becomes illegible, or the tag falls off the collar, the tag will be replaced free of charge—and there will not be any “bogus” shipping or handling charges to get your warranty CollarTag mailed to you.
NOTE: This guarantee does not cover the loss of the pet’s collar or the need to update tag text/information.
NO LIMIT TO THE AMOUNT OF TEXT / INFORMATION
Another thing to keep in mind about CollarTags™ is that you can put more than one on the same collar, so, while they do not lend themselves to being engraved on the back, this because it is against the pet’s collar, you can put two or more CollarTags™ on the same collar to achieve more information. For example: If you have two residences you can just switch tags when you are at one house or the other, or just leave both tags on all the time… You can also eliminate hanging rabies or license tags by transferring their information to CollarTags™.
I URGE YOU TO CONSIDER USING A COLLARTAG™ TO PROTECT YOUR PET FROM LOSS, THEY TRULY ARE THE SUPERIOR PET ID METHOD
When it comes to pet identification “function” is the most important consideration, and no ID tag functions better than a CollarTag™.
* I have had many people write me “horror stories” about their pet’s traditional style tags getting caught: in the deck boards, in the chain link fences, food racks, bedding, carry crates – and a few reports of in the floor heater grates. CollarTags™ do not get caught on things which is a safety feature.